Facilitated Discussions with Elected Officials
Creating your Sustainability Story – 2022 AMO Conference
As we go into the election, how can we frame the conversation about long term sustainability that appropriately considers service levels, corporate risks, and costs? Asset management provides a powerful framework for addressing these issues, and local councils play a critical role in facilitating an enabling environment to make progress.
This engaging session considers concerns for elected officials such as:
- Besides cost, how else can we provide strategic direction to staff that appropriately considers other factors critical for our municipality’s sustainability?
- How can we tell our municipality’s asset management story better in a way that will shape the future of our community?
- How can we engage residents more effectively in setting service levels that are aligned with appropriate risk and financial thresholds?
Slides: Christina Benty - Strategic Leadership Solutions
UNDERSTANDING THE ROLE OF ELECTED OFFICIALS IN ASSET MANAGEMENT – 2021 AMO Conference
This facilitated panel discussion explores role of elected officials in building a culture of collaboration and coordination at their municipalities to support continuous progress in asset management.
- Nancy Peckford – Mayor, Municipality of North Grenville
- Cheryl Fort – Mayor, Township of Hornepayne
- Brad Loosley – Mayor, Town of Petrolia
Opening Remarks 0:13
Asset management and service delivery 11:55
Using asset management lens for long-term planning 22:37
Building an organizational culture and relationship with staff 38:32
Ensuring sustainability of infrastructure services 48:42
IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON INFRASTRUCTURE INVESTMENTS FROM AN ASSET MANAGEMENT PERSPECTIVE – 2020 AMO Conference
Learn how municipal councils can use asset management as a decision-making tool during a pandemic to reassess investment priorities, manage risks and demonstrate sound stewardship of public resources.
- Kelly Linton – Mayor, Township of Centre Wellington
- Ric Breese – Mayor, Loyalist Township
- Robin Jones – Mayor, Village of Westport
Introductory presentation 1:56
Coping with implications of COVID-19 on infrastructure services 35:27
Important conversations that Council and staff need to have 45:40
Engaging the public 54:05
Providing a supportive environment for asset management 55:41
Slides: Impact of COVID-19 on Infrastructure Investments from an Asset Management Perspective