Local Roads & Bridges
Projects eligible for Canada Community-Building funding under this category are those that result in the construction, material enhancement or renewal of roads, bridges, tunnels, and active transportation infrastructure (e.g., bike lanes, sidewalks, trails, and paths).
Eligible projects under this category include (but are not limited to):
- Widening and resurfacing local roads;
- Replacing bridges and culverts;
- Installing sidewalks and bike lanes;
- Constructing walking paths and hiking trails; and
- Installing street lights and traffic signals.
Investment to date
The figures above include Canada Community-Building investments made by all municipalities - except for the City of Toronto, which reports investments directly to the Government of Canada. Visit Toronto's website to learn more about the City's investments.