Projects eligible for Canada Community-Building funding under this category are those that result in the construction, material enhancement or renewal of infrastructure that supports wastewater and stormwater collection, treatment and management systems.
Eligible projects under this category include (but are not limited to):
- Replacing sanitary or storm sewers;
- Separating combined sewers;
- Installing pump stations and lift stations;
- Designing and constructing a wastewater treatment plant;
- Creating a bioretention or biofiltration facility; and
- Restoring wetlands or constructing stormwater management ponds.
Investment to date
The figures above include Canada Community-Building investments made by all municipalities - except for the City of Toronto, which reports investments directly to the Government of Canada. Visit Toronto's website to learn more about the City's investments.