Projects eligible for Canada Community-Building funding under this category are those that result in the construction, material enhancement or renewal of infrastructure that supports a shared passenger transport system that is available for public use.
Eligible projects under this category include (but are not limited to):
- Constructing transit stations, stops and terminals;
- Renovating transit maintenance facilities;
- Laying tracks for light rail vehicles;
- Purchasing new public transit buses; and
- Implementing Intelligent Transportation Systems.
Investment to date
The figures above include Canada Community-Building investments made by all municipalities - except for the City of Toronto, which reports investments directly to the Government of Canada. Visit Toronto's website to learn more about the City's investments.